Ending a relationship
Ending a relationship can often feel painful, difficult and even embarrassing.
So how do you spot the signs that your relationship is coming to an end?
- You stop wanting to spend time together
- When you are together you argue more and more
- Arguments become silly or petty
- Your friends or family start to notice how unhappy you are when you are together
- The things you used to like about them are now really annoying you
So you realise it is over, what is the best way to end it?
- Be kind, but firm
- Don’t just drop hints or leave them guessing
- Practice what you want to say beforehand. Avoid vague comments such as “I think I want to end it…” or “I need some space or time to think.”
- Think about how you are going to tell them
- No one wants to be dumped by text, Facebook or msn
- If face to face is impossible then think about a letter or phone call
“.. I once dumped my girlfriend by text, the next day everyone said what a coward I was. Never again.” Luke, 16.
Click here to view full article