Getting on with my brother/sister
Most brothers and sisters argue at some point, and say things to, and about, each other that are unkind. Have you ever noticed, though, that you won’t let anyone else say bad things about them?
There are usually lots of reasons why brothers and sisters argue – here are a few:
- Differences in age, interests, attitudes
- Borrowing things
- Invading your territory
What can you do?
- Decide how important it is and if possible don’t react
- Count to 10 and walk away for a while
- Remember their good points
- Laugh it off
- Say sorry, if you are
- Treat them as if they were a friend and see if things change
- Talk to someone outside of the situation
- Remember that it is okay not to agree with each other
Click here to view full article